This position has been filled
Responsible to: Front Office Supervisor, Assistant Manager & General Manager
This casual position offers an excellent opportunity for a person wishing a career in administration. If you have a passion for people and want to be part of our team, apply today.
About the position:
- The position of Front Office Attendant is a casual position
- There will be three shifts per week with hours ranging from 20 to 25 per week. This included rotated weekend work.
- Tall Timbers is covered under the Hospitality Industry General Award 2020
- Wage is as per the conditions set within the Award
- The successful applicant would need to start in the position as soon as practical
The main duties of the role include:
- Controlling, checking and summary of all accounts and dockets relating to guest stays
- Check-in and check-out of all guests, allocation of rooms and the control of guest keys
- Preparation of all guest accounts and receiving payments for these accounts
- Taking, recording and booking all room/tour reservations
- Answering incoming phone calls and handling as appropriate
- Providing tourism and hotel information to guests and assisting them as required
- Balance of tills, safe, Gaming, TAB and TasKeno monies daily
- Reconciliation of charge accounts
- Reconciliation and collation of accommodation account
- Internet bookings
- Handling email enquiries
- Customer concerns and complaints
- Other duties as delegated
The successful candidate will:
- Have clear verbal written and verbal communication
- Be personable
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be able to handle multiple tasks amid distractions
- Friendly teams made up of people of various ages and interests,
- The use of the pool, spa, barbeque, and gym facilities,
- Discounted meals,
- A beautiful work environment located at the gateway to the attractions of the North West Coast, including the Tarkine wilderness and the historic township of Stanley.
For more information on us, explore the rest of our website – www.talltimbershotel.com.au.
The applicant must:
- Supply written evidence of any experience,
- Be willing to work on a rotating roster system,
- Be hands on and willing to work as a member of a team,
- Have the drive to undergo training on the job and speak up should they be unclear,
- Provide a copy of all relevant certificates and/or courses completed with their application, and
- Be willing to travel to the venue for an interview if successful.
If you have the passion and want to be a part of an innovative team, take the challenge, and contact us today.
Please forward your resume to:
Post: Positions vacant: P. O. Box304 Smithton Tasmania 7330