Award: Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
Responsible to: General Manager, Head Chef, Sous Chef, and Operations Manager
This position focuses on assisting senior staff with activities within the catering area of Tall Timbers.
The successful candidate will receive extensive hands-on experience in our Kauri Bistro and Millers Sports Bar kitchen and Cape Grim Grill. We are seeking a new member of the team to contribute to the smooth running of service for our guests.
The main duties of the role include:
- Maintain high standards within the catering areas, which comply with workplace and health regulations/standards,
- Maintenance of regular checks within the catering areas to ensure that foodstuffs held in storage are within consumable life span according to manufacturer’s specifications,
- Maintain variety and presentation standards within the 4 Star requirements set by management,
- Assist in ordering, storage, and control of all products within the catering areas,
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment are regularly maintained and cleaned,
- Responsible for the health, welfare, and safety of all,
- Ensuring workflow maximises efficiency,
- Liaison with other senior staff (Team Leaders),
- Assist in training and supervise development within the apprentices,
- Ensure all standards, training, and hygiene of the catering area are to a high standard to complement the other aspects of the business, and
- Undertake any other duties required by management
The successful candidate will:
- Have sound knowledge of all catering practices,
- Possess a chef qualification,
- Be prepared to wear appropriate clothing and shoes to meet all safety and health requirements,
- Posses a current driver’s license, and
- Have knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices.
Experience as a senior chef would be an advantage but is not necessary.
- Friendly teams made up of people of various ages and interests,
- The use of the pool, spa, barbeque, and gym facilities,
- Discounted meals,
- A beautiful work environment located at the gateway to the attractions of the North West Coast, including the Tarkine wilderness and the historic township of Stanley.
For more information on us, explore the rest of our website – www.talltimbershotel.com.au.
The applicant must:
- Supply written evidence of experience,
- Have a trade certificate for Commercial Cookery,
- Clearly state their experience in style of cooking and past work experience in a senior role,
- Be willing to work on a rotating roster system,
- Be willing to oversee all training and supervising of apprentices,
- Include a copy of all relevant certificates and /or courses completed with their application, and
- Be willing to travel to the venue for an interview, if successful.
If you have the passion and want to be a part of an innovative team, take the challenge, and contact us today.
Please forward your resume to:
Post: Positions vacant: P. O. Box304 Smithton Tasmania 7330