Responsible to: Hotel Manager & General Manager
This position has been created to assist the Hotel Manager as well as the General Manager, manage the activities within all areas of Tall Timbers Tasmania, and be responsible in their absence.
Role responsibilities include ensuring:
- There is sufficient liquor stock to operate all bars efficiently,
- All stock is in a saleable condition and of the highest standards,
- All work areas are of the highest cleanliness standards,
- Standards set out by senior management are met,
- The Licensee/General Manager is represented in their absence as directed,
- Security of premises and its goods on designated shifts, and
- Gaming, Tas Keno & TAB Operations are delivered.
The main duties of the role include:
- Receipt of any stock received,
- Storage of goods including stock control and stock rotation,
- Care and maintenance of equipment,
- Security of stock,
- Correction of faults and reporting maintenance problems to the appropriate department,
- Ensuring staff are given the appropriate direction to ensure efficiency and ensure work standards are maintained,
- Ensure that all health regulations and standards are met,
- Reporting any staff or patron problems to senior management,
- Maintaining all areas of our 4-Star property to a high standard,
- Ensuring staff members end their shifts at the appropriate times to maintain cost-effectiveness,
- Ensure all business promotions are run according to guidelines,
- Reception duties as required,
- Function/Banquet work as directed,
- Assist in developing strategies to maintain and improve business, and
- Undertake other duties as allocated or delegated by senior management.
The successful candidate will:
- Have sound knowledge of food and beverage practices,
- Demonstrate experience in management of staff,
- Be prepared to wear the appropriate clothing and meet with all safety and health requirements, and
- Possess a current driver’s licence.
- Friendly teams made up of people of various ages and interests,
- The use of the pool, spa, barbeque, and gym facilities,
- Discounted meals,
- A beautiful work environment located at the gateway to the attractions of the North West Coast, including the Tarkine wilderness and the historic township of Stanley.
For more information on us, explore the rest of our website – www.talltimbershotel.com.au.
The applicant must:
- Supply written evidence of experience in supervising and controlling staff and numbers,
- Have a minimum of 2-year experience in a similar or same position,
- Clearly state their experience in food & beverage, retail sales (bottle shop), gaming, Tas Keno, TAB – All areas are not compulsory but would be desirable,
- Be willing to work on a rotating roster system,
- Be hands on and willing to lead by example,
- Hold RSA, RSG & Tas Keno, Gaming Machine & TAB Licences.
- Provide a copy of all relevant certificates and/or courses completed with their application, and
- Be willing to travel to the venue for an interview if successful.
If you have the passion and want to be a part of an innovative team, take the challenge, and contact us today.
Please forward your resume to:
Post: Positions vacant: P. O. Box304 Smithton Tasmania 7330