Responsible to: Hotel Manager & General Manager
This position has been created to assist the Hotel Manager as well as the General Manager, manage the activities within the retail Thirsty Camel bottleshop of Tall Timbers Tasmania, and be the responsible person in absence of senior staff.
Role responsibilities include ensuring:
- There is sufficient liquor stock to operate all bars and bottleshop efficiently,
- All stock is in a saleable condition and of the highest standards,
- All promotions are run as per the banner group requirements,
- All stock pricing complies with banner group and company requirements.
- All work areas are of the highest cleanliness standards.
- That standards set out by Management are met.
- Security of premises and its goods on designated shifts, and
- The Operations Manager is represented as in their absence.
The main duties of the role include:
- Receipt of any stock received,
- Storage of goods including stock control and stock rotation,
- Care and maintenance of equipment,
- Security of stocks,
- Control of stock within H&L POS System,
- Stocktake of stocks in bottleshop & bars,
- Correction of faults and reporting maintenance problems to the appropriate department,
- Ensuring staff are given the appropriate direction to ensure efficiency and ensure work standards are maintained,
- Ensure that all health regulations and standards are met,
- Reporting any staff or patron problems to Management,
- Maintaining all areas to a high standard for our 4 Star property,
- Ensuring staff members end their shifts at the appropriate times to maintain cost-effectiveness,
- Ensure all business promotions are run according to guidelines,
- Bar work as directed,
- Assist in developing strategies to maintain and improve retail business, and
- Undertake other duties as allocated or delegated by management.
The successful candidate will:
- Have sound knowledge of retail liquor practices,
- Be able to demonstrate experience with H&L POS System, display building, and ordering portals
- Be prepared to wear the appropriate clothing and meet all safety and health requirements, and
- Possess a current driver’s license.
- Friendly teams made up of people of various ages and interests,
- The use of the pool, spa, barbeque, and gym facilities,
- Discounted meals,
- A beautiful work environment located at the gateway to the attractions of the North West Coast, including the Tarkine wilderness and the historic township of Stanley.
For more information on us, explore the rest of our website – www.talltimbershotel.com.au.
The applicant must:
- Supply written evidence of experience in supervising and controlling staff and numbers controlled,
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar or same position,
- Clearly state their experience in retail sales (bottleshop),
- Be willing to work on a rotating roster system,
- Be hands-on and willing to lead by example,
- Hold RSA, RSG, and preferably Tas Keno, Gaming Machine & TAB Licences,
- Provide a copy of all relevant certificates and /or courses completed with their application, and
- Be willing to travel to the venue for an interview if successful.
If you have the passion and want to be a part of an innovative team, take the challenge, and contact us today.
Please forward your resume to:
Post: Positions vacant: P. O. Box304 Smithton Tasmania 7330